The Homebrew Launcher has many different entrypoints, or methods of launching.
Soundhax is compatible with versions 9.0.0 through 11.3.0 in the EUR, JPN, KOR, and USA regions.
Ensure your device’s Wireless Communication is turned on as udsploit (used in the next page) will need the wireless module to be active to function, and some devices (New 3DS, New 2DS, and Old 2DS) cannot adjust the Wireless Communication setting from the Homebrew Launcher. Wireless Communication only has to be on; connecting it to an access point is not required.
This means that using a Cart Update from a version containing an older Nintendo 3DS Sound version (<7.0.0 for Old 3DSs in the EUR, JPN, KOR, and USA regions) to one that introduced a newer Nintendo 3DS Sound version will break Soundhax! You will need an alternate method of entering the Homebrew Launcher!
What you need
- The Homebrew Starter Kit
- The latest release of Soundhax (for your device and region)
- The otherapp payload (for your version and region)
- Power off your device
- Insert your SD card into your computer
- Copy the contents of
starter.zipto the root of your SD card
- Copy the Soundhax
.m4ato the root of your SD card
Copy the otherapp payload to the root of your SD card and rename it to
- Reinsert your SD card into your device
- Power on your device
Launch Nintendo 3DS Sound
- If you’ve never opened Nintendo 3DS Sound before and get tips on how to use it from a bird icon, go through all of the bird tips, then close the app normally and relaunch it
- In this situation, launching Soundhax immediately would cause these tips to appear on every launch of the Nintendo 3DS Sound until this is done
- Go to
/SDCARD, then play “<3 nedwill 2016”
- This may take many tries
- If it freezes, just force the console to power off by holding the power button, then try again
- If you get a red screen, ensure you copied the contents of the
starterfolder to the root of your SD card
Your device should load the Homebrew Launcher
Continue to Installing boot9strap (Homebrew Launcher)