This page is for instructions on how to install boot9strap to a stock 3DS or 2DS. If you already have arm9loaderhax installed and are looking to update to boot9strap, follow A9LH to B9S.
The colors of the devices in the image may vary, but note the button placement and features of each device carefully to ensure you select the correct one.
Click the image of your device to take you to the appropriate page.
Different device models, versions, and regions will require different steps to achieve the end goal of boot9strap Custom Firmware. This page will help you find where to start for your device.
If you have already hacked your 3DS before and have an EmuNAND based CFW setup, just follow all instructions while on SysNAND. Your data will be transfered from EmuNAND to your new B9S install at the end.
Note that screenshots in this guide can be enlarged to show more context by clicking on them.
Before starting, Windows users should enable the option to show file extensions using File Extensions (Windows)!
- Go to System Settings, then “Internet Settings”, then “SpotPass”, then “Sending of System Information”
- Disable the “Sending of System Information” option
- Exit the System Settings
- Go to your Friend’s List (the Face Icon in the top row of your Home Menu)
- If you receive an error and are kicked out of the menu, the Friend’s List setting is already disabled
- Go to the Friend’s List settings, then “Friend Notification Settings”, then “Show friends what you’re playing”
- Disable the “Show friends what you’re playing” option
- Exit your Friend’s List
|New 3DS or New 2DS||Old 3DS or Old 2DS|