The first thing this guide will do is get you running Decrypt9, which is a multipurpose toolkit that will allow us to install the version 2.1.0, which contains a vulnerability that is needed for further exploitation of the system.
If you have already hacked your 3DS before and have a EmuNAND based CFW setup, this guide deals exclusively with SysNAND and you should follow all instructions from within or applying to SysNAND. Note that the terms EmuNAND and RedNAND refer to slightly different implementations of the same concept.
What you need
- DS flashcard that works on your 3DS version
- The latest release of Decrypt9WIP
- Create a folder named
files9on the root of your SD card if it does not already exist
Decrypt9WIP.datfrom the Decrypt9WIP
.zipto the root of your SD card
- Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
Decrypt9.ndsfrom the Decrypt9
.zipon your DS flashcard
- Start your DS flashcard from your 3DS
Decrypt9.ndsusing your flashcart
- Select the correct option for your system version
- 4.X.X -> “4.x Decrypt9WIP”
- 6.X.X -> “6.x Decrypt9WIP”
- Reboot the system, then go to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then “Profile”, then “Nintendo DS Profile”
- If the exploit was successful, you will have booted into Decrypt9
Continue to 2.1.0 ctrtransfer.
United States - Canada - United Kingdom - Germany - Spain - France